The Kigali Summit was a landmark moment in the fight against malaria and neglected tropical diseases (NTD's). Staged alongside the 2Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) and hosted by the Government of Rwanda, in conjunction with the Rwanda Conference Bureau, Malaria No More UK and Uniting to Combat Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD’s), the Kigali Summit injected renewed energy into the global fight to end malaria and neglected tropical diseases by the end of the decade, with commitments totalling more than US$4.5 billion from governments, international organisations, philanthropists and the private sector.
Eligible malaria-endemic countries demonstrated their leadership by committing domestic funding of US$2.2 billion in 2022 and 2023 as part of their Global Fund counterpart financing, with further increases expected in 2024 to 2026.
The Kigali Summit was attended by world leaders including Tedros Ghebreyesus, director-general of the World Health Organisation (WHO); HRH Prince of Wales; Melinda Gates, co-chair, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Osagie Ehanire, Nigeria’s Minister of Health.
The Kigali Summit showed how together in partnership, the global health community can accelerate progress against malaria and NTDs and save lives.
With the stage set by the global launch of the 100% Committed Movement to End Neglected Tropical Diseases, produced by The Event Production Company for Uniting to Combat Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD’s). The Event Production Company was asked to produce the milestone Kigali Summit, an engaging one-day hybrid event for over 1 300 in-person and remote guests from around the world by Malaria No More UK and Uniting to Combat Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD’s) and Rwanda Convention Bureau (RCB)
The objectives were clear
· Drive awareness of the Kigali Summit and generate visibility of neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) and Malaria as a key issue
· Recognise the leadership of endemic countries
· Motivate commitments from governments, international organisations, philanthropists, and the private sector to fight NTDs and strengthen health systems
· Mobilise political and public support for investment in NTDs
Why the Event Production Company?
The Event Production Company has been a frontrunner in producing immersive brand experiences for over 26 years. Headquartered in Dubai, with offices in South Africa and partners in Kenya, Ghana, and Saudi Arabia, the Event Production Company has a footprint in Africa with specialised experience in executing events on the continent.
Evolving over the course of almost three decades, we have honed the length and depth of our expertise to be recognised as a leader in staging exhilarating and seamlessly cohesive live, virtual and hybrid events.
Our multidisciplinary team has a proven track record of conceptualising, creating, and managing complex and impactful events for ambitious brands and organisations, including the Uniting to Combat Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD's)
What we delivered
From inception to completion of the event, our team had to work fast and efficiently while acknowledging the requirements and formalities associated with hosting high-profile guests, and 14 Heads of State.
We worked alongside local suppliers to orchestrate a smooth and slick event, from creating the opening ceremony to managing the event itself, and all post-event aspects. This included creative design, pre-event registration management, transportation management, catering, guest hospitality, technical and audiovisual requirements, and broadcast and online hosting needs.
Our solution encompassed
· Event concept
· End-to-end management of the Kigali Summit
· Seamless registration of in-person and online guests
· Liaison and management of speakers and high-level Heads of State
· Run of the show, storyboarding, and scripting
· Staging and technical support
· Event agenda, speaker sessions, and panel discussions
· Live entertainment by local vocalists, drummers, and dance groups
· Physical and digital backdrops to elevate the guest viewing experience at the event and online
· Exclusive use of the Intare Conference Arena to accommodate 800 in-person guests and host remote attendees
· Hospitality management
· Collaborate with catering, logistics, and equipment suppliers as well as creative, media, and communications agencies
An exceptional and impactful event that achieved all of its desired outcomes! We received excellent feedback from our client who was delighted with the procedures, hands-on support, and acute attention to detail provided by our dedicated team.